Support is available for spouses of soldiers who are personnel on recovery duty (PRD). Here are some organisations who can help…  

The Ripple Pond – peer support service and will connect you with a network of forces families.

Togetherall – online anonymous community available 24/7, moderated by clinical professionals.

Kooth – digital mental health service to provide a accessible early response to children and young people aged 11-19 with a parent or family member serving in the armed forces.  

Warrior Programme – available to families and veterans. Enables individuals to manage their emotions and develop resilience and motivation.  

Help for Heroes – Band of Brothers and Band of Sisters Facebook groups where you can meet other families online.  

Op COURAGE – the Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service – An NHS mental health specialist service designed to help serving personnel due to leave the military, reservists, armed forces veterans and their families.  

Battle Back Centre – supporting wounded, injured and sick through recovery at its centre in Lilleshall.  

Personal Recovery Centres – offer both residential accommodation and day facilities for service personnel during their recovery courses and activity programmes.  

Defence Medical Welfare Service (DMWS) – an independent charity providing medical welfare to those who have, and continue to, operate on the frontline.  

Armed Forces CanDiD Network (Twitter) – for serving personnel, carers and supporting agencies with an interest in chronic conditions.  

Defence Transition Service (DTS) – extra help when leaving the armed forces.  

SSAFA Transitional Mentoring for Service Leavers – programme helping those who have recently left the forces, and their families, understand and prosper during the transition to civilian life.

Transition to Civilian Life – army website with information on leaving the service.

Related Posts