IS YOUR soldier in their penultimate tour before leaving the Army? Have they reached their pension point or Early Departure Payment? Do you know where you want to settle after your last posting?

If so, you need to make sure that your soldier has filled in Final Tour of Duty (FTOD) JPA form F024 in order to be eligible for removals and Disturbance Allowance.

The document must be filled in during your partner’s second-to-last posting as it will let the manning department know where you would ideally like the final placement to be.

It must be a location within the UK and has to be with a unit or establishment at which an assignment exists that your soldier could fill if it were vacant.

For example, there’s no point applying to go to the Outer Hebrides if your partner is a bomb disposal expert!

If you are lucky enough to be posted within 50 miles or 90 minutes travel to your desired location, you won’t be eligible for your final removals or Disturbance Allowance from that final posting – as a rule of thumb the MOD does not pay for first or last moves.

Should you be posted further than that, you will then be entitled and able to use the allowances at any stage during your final posting up to and including your soldier’s final day of service – so long as you haven’t moved and used removals and Disturbance Allowance within the six months prior to the FTOD move.

One little form can make all the difference and could save you a lot of money, so make sure you are proactive and fill it in!

Tell your soldier to talk to their admin office or check out the full details in JSP 752, Chapter 7, Section 4 on the MOD’s Intranet.

Related Posts