It’s time to get your paintbrushes out and put your best creative hats on, because SSAFA, the armed forces charity, is holding a VE Day 75 themed art competition; the perfect task for you and your loved ones to get stuck into during lockdown.
The national VE Day 75 celebrations, which were due to take place on the bank holiday weekend of 8-10 May, have been postponed but SSAFA has partnered with Fujitsu to find a way for us all to celebrate this special date in history with friends and family from the comfort of your own homes.
The brief is open and simple, create a piece of art inspired by VE day to celebrate the 75th anniversary of this historical milestone.
If you’re unsure where to start, think poppies, celebrating soldiers, bunting, street parties and Union Jack flags. Your artistic creation can be a drawing, a painting, a sculpture or whatever you think best celebrates VE Day 75.
Once you have completed your masterpiece, take a photo and follow this link to upload: https://givepenny.com/appeal-for/ve-day-75-art
- You have until midday on the 27 April to submit your entries
- The age categories for the competition are: 0-5, 6-10, 11-14, 15-17 and 18+. Three finalists will be chosen from each category
- On Friday 1 May, this selection will be put to the public to vote with the winner announced at midday on Friday 8 May 2020, the 75th anniversary of VE day
- A minimum donation of £2 to enter with all proceeds going to SSAFA. You can enter the competition as many times as you like
- SSAFA is providing some fantastic prizes including SSAFA t-shirts, teddy bears, Chilly’s water bottles, a ceramic poppy and a tandem parachute jump with the Red Devils.