After many Service families experienced issues with boiler repairs last winter, here is a rundown of what you can expect from CarillionAmey (CA) should your heating break down…
- Call the CA helpdesk on 0800 707 6000 and tell them as accurately as you can what the problem is – this helps them to diagnose the fault and send out the correct contractor – for example if you have an oil fired boiler.
- The helpdesk may ask you to try a few simple things to see if you can resolve the issue yourself.
- If the phone advice doesn’t work, the helpdesk will raise a critical response.
- The contractor will arrive within three hours and hopefully fix the boiler. If they need a part or a new boiler then they must make sure that your immersion heater is working (and/or any electric shower). Within 12 hours, they should have dropped off some temporary heaters.
- If the contractor cannot get your immersion heater or any electric shower working and you have no hot water and no heating, then CA will arrange a hotel or alternative accommodation for you.
- So long as you have heaters and hot water, CA will arrange for a new appointment to be made within five working days to fully repair the boiler.
If the above doesn’t match your experience this winter, then make sure that you log an official complaint with CA (get a reference number) and let AFF know by emailing email@example.com