A HUGE thank you to everyone who filled in AFF’s big survey on the future contract for housing; your responses have been presented to decision makers to help them create the best deal for families. Here are the main outcomes:
- You wanted the ability to apply and track allocations, repairs and complaints via an online portal which both you and your soldier can access
- 52 per cent of you wanted to continue the high street voucher scheme which compensates for missed appointments
- You wanted more control over what’s recorded at move-in and more information on the standards prior to the appointment
- The most popular request was for the correct tradesperson for repairs to be sent with a fully-stocked van
- You’d like follow-on works to be booked before the contractor leaves the house – it’s one of the main issues that you contact AFF about!
Your comments have been fed back to the procurement team, which has assured us that it will make sure that the future contracts take into account your recommendations and meet your needs.
“We’re hopeful that the new contract will be more in keeping with what we all expect from modern services, with the flexibility to change and improve during the lifetime of the contract,” said AFF’s Housing Specialist Cat Calder.
The three families federations will continue to engage with the programme team to get the best outcome for families. Keep an eye on aff.org.uk for updates.