For those of us living in Service Families Accommodation in the UK, it’s business as usual for any maintenance and repairs needed. However, later this year CarillionAmey will take over the contact. Cat Calder, AFF Housing Specialist, tells us what to expect…
THE new contract is scheduled to roll out in Scotland and Northern Ireland in November and in the rest of the UK the following month.
Although you may still see some of the same workmen around the patch, the method of working is set to change with a new ethos to encourage a “first-time fix” on repairs and a proactive approach.
The biggest change will be that CarillionAmey will now deal with both allocations and repairs.
- A single, free phone number for all issues (repairs and allocations)
- More ways to contact the helpdesk including online where repairs can be reported and tracked
- Enhanced repair times
- Texts 24 hours before all appointments and a call an hour before if required
- Improved web page
- More Customer Access Points (CAPs) covering repair and allocation issues
- Easy-to-use guides for move appointments
- Faster turnaround of SFA after move-out
- You will be able to submit and track complaints online
- Improved satisfaction surveys
AFF is encouraged by the new contract and we are hoping that it will lead to an improved level of service for families applying for and living in SFA.
As with any change, there’s the risk of issues and we will be monitoring the roll out of the contract closely.
We will be a part of the working groups to help ensure that all goes as smoothly as possible. Look out for further information in the next edition of Army&You.
Remember that until the new contract goes live you should continue to report repairs, apply for SFA and register complaints in the normal way.